allGLAMMEDup: JOY

JOY

11:09 PM

Hey everyone!  So this post is a little random, but I just wanted to share something with you.

As you may have read in my Things I'm Afraid To Tell You post, I deal with depression and in the past several months, it had been seeming to get better, but I could tell there was still something that was holding me back from being filled with joy and happiness.  I was constantly praying that God would fill me with joy and that I would stop feeling sad and lonely, and He finally answered my prayers!!!

In the past week or so, I have been overwhelmingly (in a good way) happy and joyful and can even sometimes not stop smiling!  On Friday, June 22, I was re-baptized because I feel that my relationship with God has been renewed.  Ever since then, I just feel like there has been a huge weight and burden lifted off of my shoulders and I feel free and joyful!  It is such an amazing feeling.

I also connected with an amazing group of people from the college ministry at my church and have so much fun with them.  We have been spending tons of time together, and I love every second of it.  The point of me telling you this, is that it is important to surround yourself with people that will lift you up!  I used to hang out with a group that was not a good influence on me, and now that I am surrounding myself with fellow Christians that love the Lord, I feel so much happier.  So like I said, surround yourselves with people you love and can trust to lift you up and make you feel good!



That's all for now.

XO Katie

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Katie I love this! God is so good and I'm so glad to hear you have been filled with joy lately. I also love that you have such a great group of friends, that's so important and it makes me so happy :) Glad we get to be friends and I hope you have a beautiful day! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It really does makes my day :)