allGLAMMEDup: Golden Globes Style

Golden Globes Style

4:00 AM

As pretty much everyone knows, the Golden Globes were on Sunday.  Personally, I didn't watch it (partially because I was busy).  But, I was looking at the red carpet pictures and fell in love some of the dresses, and hated some too.


MISSES


Presenter Eva Longoria chose a very revealing Emilio Pucci dress, which in my opinion, was TOO revealing.  The slit is pretty high, so I don't think it was necessary to have that with the major plunge neckline. If the dress wasn't so revealing, I think this could have been really elegant.

Debra Messing chose a strapless silk Donna Karan gown with hand ruched detailing. Yeah... I don't even know what to say about this.

Halle Berry showed up in this Versace one-shouldered dress featuring an interesting print and a cut out on the hip.  If this had been a solid color or maybe a different print, I don't think it would have been as bad.

Sorry, Tina Fey, but this L'Wren Scott dress just doesn't work.  Not only is the print/embroidery awful, but the cut of the dress just isn't flattering.

The Girls star, Lena Dunham, wore a Zac Posen gown which for one I don't like (although the color isn't too bad...), and two, is not flattering on her whatsoever.


HITS

Jessica Chastain wore this gorgeous minty seafoam green Calvin Klein dress saying that she "wanted to wear something that would make [her] feel happy" (InStyle).

Amy Adams looked so elegant in this ballerina-inspired Marchesa dress.

Kerry Washington looks so chic in this sheer beaded Miu Miu dress! It almost reminds me of a 1920s flapper girl dress, but more modern.

Anne Hathaway showed up in this gorgeous Chanel column gown and said, "It showed up yesterday morning, and I tried it on and just felt like myself" (InStyle).

Okay, everything about this Oscar de la Renta dress is just pure amazingness on Jessica Alba!  The peach color really showed off her just-got-back-from-Cabo tan, and the mermaid style really flatters her body.  And that Harry Winston necklace?!  So gorgeous.

Kristin Wiig looks SO FAB in this Michael Kors gown.  I love that it's so simple, but makes a statement at the same time with the low neckline and cut out in the abdomen.

Glee star Lea Michelle chose this sequined Elie Saab dress and looks absolutely gorgeous in it!

And finally my favorite look! Julianne Hough looks so amazing in this Monique Lhuillier tulle gown with gold embellishments. I would actually consider wearing this for my wedding...


What look was your favorite? I'll be sharing my favorite beauty looks tomorrow as well!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! It really does makes my day :)