allGLAMMEDup: Simply Be's Horrible Customer Service
,

Simply Be's Horrible Customer Service

12:00 AM


I rarely bad mouth anyone, including brands or companies. However, sometimes something needs to be said about a company that isn't doing things right. 

My mom and I have been ordering from Simply Be (sizes 10-28) for a few years. It's hard finding clothes that fit and flatter curvier women, and Simply Be has super cute and trendy clothes that fit well and are fairly good quality. We've never had to return anything until now. My mom ordered a top for me in December and gave it to me for my birthday, but I didn't like it. She stuffed it away with all her other online/catalog order packages and just recently found it. Online/catalog retailers usually have a reasonable return policy of 60 to 90 days, which makes sense with shipping and all that. However, when we went to return the Simply Be top, we realized that they had a 30 day return policy which is ridiculous considering they are based in the UK. My mom called to see if we could send it back for store credit and they said they never offer store credit. If someone sends them an item back after the 30 days, THEY DESTROY IT. I'm sorry, but WHAT THE HELL?! It makes absolutely no sense. Instead of destroying the item, why can't they give it to the homeless or something? All they care about is their profitability, and obviously not their customers' satisfaction.

"The supervisor's name was Bebe, who told me they destroy clothes that are returned after 30 days. 'No, there are not exceptions because this is company policy . . . Customer satisfaction is not a concern because we are a successful company.' It was like talking to a robot, but she wasn't programmed with enough information to be as intelligent as a robot." -Leslie Stuart

I've been working in retail for a few years and am also attending fashion school, and what everyone has taught me is that the CUSTOMER is ALWAYS right. If it's after the 30 days and they want to return something, just accept it. Otherwise something like this will happen, and that person will tell everyone they know not to shop with that company. If they keep doing what they're doing, they will end up not being successful. The most successful companies are the ones that offer excellent customer service (Nordstrom and J.Crew).

So I guess the moral of the story is: Don't, I repeat DON'T shop at Simply Be.

I've also had bad customer service experiences with Persun Mall (who I wrote a compensated post about and will not be working with them anymore) and Sephora (they do the same thing as Simply Be, even if the item was never used).

Have you had any bad customer service experiences? Share in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! It really does makes my day :)