allGLAMMEDup: #AGUADVENTURES | Bittersweet in the City of Angels
, , , ,

#AGUADVENTURES | Bittersweet in the City of Angels

12:00 AM


It's time for yet another #aguadventures post! I went with a few friends of mine up to LA for the day before dropping off our friend, Josh, at LAX. He's starting YWAM in Australia this month and will be there for the next three months, then venture out to another country to do outreach! It was a very bittersweet day. Keep reading to see where we went!


First stop of the day: Manhattan Beach. My mom used to live here back in the 80's and has shown me around a few times. We've gone to this delicious breakfast spot called The Kettle before, and I wanted to take the crew there, but we didn't have enough time, unfortunately.



The water was unbelievably clear!



We drove through Venice Beach before stopping in Santa Monica.


A Beatles-like crosswalk in Santa Monica. I just couldn't resist! :)


An artsy quote in the window of Anthropologie at 3rd Street Promenade.


You can't tell very well in this picture, but this building was light pink! I was in love.


A super yummy dessert at Toast Bakery Cafe--Banana Oreo Pudding in a mason jar! Toast is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in LA. I used to live down the street, and my roommates and I definitely frequented it more than we should have.


We headed up to the Griffith Observatory after lunch, and I was really excited because as I've said before, I love outer space! There's also a later show that they put on sometimes at night, and I will definitely be going back for that sometime soon.


A smoggy and hazy view of Downtown LA. I was somewhat disappointed that it wasn't a clear day, but it made for some pretty cool photos.





Don't worry. There was a roof about 3 feet below this wall ;)



I was amazed!! Biggest telescope I've ever seen. If only I could have looked through it...



Boy, will I miss this kid...


I thought this was a really cool view of "nature" with the city in the background! Best of both worlds.



Josh had never been to LA before, so visiting Hollywood was a must. We stopped by the Walk of Fame and Chinese Theatre, but couldn't go in and see the hand and foot prints in the cement because they were setting up for a movie premiere. With Chris Hemsworth. *sigh*


Just a little tip if you plan on visiting Hollywood any time soon: Before being dragged into taking pictures with the characters on the Walk of Fame, make sure you have cash. These two ladies, Tinkerbell & Catwoman, basically made us take pictures with them and asked for a tip after we took several pictures, but we didn't realize you were supposed to pay and didn't have cash.


#lifegoals



We went to dinner at The Farmer's Market and walked around The Grove afterwards. If you're a fan of The Hills, this snapshot may look familiar. Remember the Christmas episode in Season 1 when LC, Heidi, Jason, and Brian were standing on a bridge and it was "snowing"? That was here!


WHAT I'M WEARING // Top: Lucky Brand c/o Marshalls | Jeans: Forever 21 | Boots: JCPenney (similar) | Bag: MMS Design Studio c/o Marshalls | Bracelet: c/o Oia Jules

Overall, it was an amazing day filled with lots of joy, laughter, pictures, adventure, and food.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! It really does makes my day :)